Reflecting our sustained growth, BDCU is creating a new senior post of Finance Manager, who will report to the CEO. Responsibilities will encompass all aspects of financial management and control within BDCU, including the back office and administration functions. An important aspect of this new role will be the creation and/or improvement of routines, processes and controls to ensure that the finance and admin. functions keep pace with an increasingly complex activity profile. The Finance Manager will be a key member of the Management Team, expected to make a strong contribution to strategic and financial plans that will support our growth trajectory.
- Financial reporting, management information and preparation of monthly, half-yearly and annual accounts, and regulatory returns
- Financial control including budgeting, cash flow and control, bank account and transaction reconciliations, oversight of automated processing routines
- Contributing to the development of strategic, business and operational plans and projections and supporting policy preparation and review
- Payroll administration
- All aspects of back-office administration including reconciliation of general insurance accounts and payment of premiums, accounts payable and supplier administration
- Timely and accurate preparation and submission of statutory returns, prudential reports, tax returns and insurance reports
- Liaison with statutory and internal auditors and other external agencies including the Central Bank as required and managing the audit process in line with AGM timings
- Maintaining and updating the fixed asset, investment, loan securities and other registers
- Supporting the Investment Committee, including administration of the investment portfolio
Candidates should have:
- A recognised professional accounting qualification and at least five year’s post-qualification experience in practice or industry, ideally including the financial services sector
- Extensive experience preparing financial and management accounts and statutory or regulatory returns
- Knowledge and experience of investments, including compliance requirements
- Data management, interrogation and analysis skills and experience, supported by a high level of computer literacy
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills including strong oral and written reporting
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the co-operative idea
- The personal integrity, competence and financial soundness appropriate for this senior role, which is subject to pre-approval by the Central Bank under the Fitness and Probity regime
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and CV in confidence, quoting reference BDCU FM by email to email@example.com to arrive by Monday 25th October 2021. Our Recruitment Privacy Notice is available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org . Short-listing will apply, based on the information provided in the application. Canvassing will disqualify.
Remuneration will be competitive, based on qualifications and relevant experience.
Blanchardstown and District Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer