Title: Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”)
Reporting to: Board of Directors
Contract Type: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Community Credit Union Limited (“CCU”) was formed in 2010 through the merger of Clonsilla and Premier Credit Unions. Following this merger and a subsequent merger with West Cabra Credit Union in 2015, the credit union now has a membership base of 41,000 and total assets in excess of €120m. The Credit Union has four offices in West Dublin with its main office on the Navan Road, Dublin 7.
We have an immediate vacancy for a proactive and self-motivated CEO.
The CEO will have responsibility for the day-to-day management of the credit union’s operations, compliance and performance and shall be responsible to the Board of Directors (“the Board”) for the performance of his or her functions, and of staff in the discharge of their duties.
The position is a Pre-approved Controlled Function for Fitness and Probity under the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 (Sections 20 & 22 – Credit Unions) Regulations 2013.
Reporting to the Board, the CEO will be responsible for:
- The preparation and proposal to the Board for debate, scrutiny and approval, strategies for the Strategic Plan that the Board are required to prepare and approve under current legislation.
- Implementing the strategies agreed by the Board to the standards set out in the strategic plan or as otherwise required by the Board.
- The proposal of policies for consideration by the Board, ensuring implementation of agreed policies and procedures.
- Reporting to the Board at each meeting and keeping the Board informed of all matters relevant to its role, and advice to the Chairman on all relevant matters arising between Board meetings.
- Supporting the Board in the discharge of its role and functions.
- Providing overall direction and leadership in the management and development of the credit union and an effective working environment for employees.
- Appointing persons as employees as the CEO considers appropriate for the proper functioning of the credit union in consultation with the management team.
- Proposing for Board approval plans in relation to the recruitment, numbers, training, remuneration and conditions of service of staff.
- The monitoring, review and oversight of the performance of staff reporting directly to the CEO.
- Ensuring the existence of policy guidelines for operational areas setting out authority, responsibility and accountability as appropriate to various levels of staff across the credit union.
- Setting targets for all key business operations in line with Board policy.
- Ensuring the credit union operations provide excellent customer services to Members and to engage with Members to discuss issues, as appropriate.
- Representing the credit union in business relations with stakeholders and engage with staff, external service providers, partners and other Credit Unions where necessary.
- Undertaking other reasonable duties as may be directed by the Board from time to time.
Qualifications & Knowledge
The successful candidate will be an ambitious individual with the following experience and qualifications:
- A degree or equivalent professional qualification in Risk, Finance, Accounting or management, Business, or related field.
- Minimum of four years previous experience in a Credit Union or similar Financial Institution at management level.
- An understanding of the credit union ethos and operating culture.
- Business acumen and effective financial control.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills, resilience and sound judgement in addition to dynamic financial management and governance skills.
- Good technical skills with an understanding of the regulatory environment for credit unions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Applications quoting reference CEO01 including CV and cover letter by email only should be addressed to: Nadine.email@example.com
Remuneration will be commensurate with relevant experience.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice is available in the download section of our website www.communitycu.ie
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on 09 April 2020.
Short listing may apply and assessment will be completed on the basis of the information provided in the application.
Community Credit Union Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Community Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank