Risk Management Officer
First Tech Credit Union is providing an opportunity to join a dynamic and prosperous financial institution which is dedicated to delivering exceptional value and service to its members.
The Risk Management Officer (RMO) is responsible for providing risk leadership to the Credit Union, establishing a risk infrastructure and framework which will enable the efficient and effective governance across the Credit Union for all categories of risk, including but not limited to, strategic, reputational, data, credit, IT and operational.
The job holder will also hold the position of Data Protection Officer and will be responsible for ensuring that data protection compliance goals are met.
The job holder will work closely with the CEO, the CFO, the Compliance Officer and senior management team in identifying, defining, and remediating various risk-related issues in attaining established compliance goals as directed by the Board of Directors and the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI).
The RMO is part of the senior management team and reports directly to the CEO. S/he will also have a dotted line to the Board and will report directly to the Board and Risk committee on a regular basis.
Key Responsibilities of the Risk Management Officer:
- Identifying, assessing, reporting, monitoring and managing all internal and external risks that could affect the operations of the credit union, including risks to its employees, members, data, reputation and assets, and assisting the CEO in mitigating those risks
- Establish best in class policies, procedures and processes for operational, IT, credit, market, and liquidity risk
- Establish a risk management framework to identify, measure, monitor and report exposure to all categories of risk
- Embed a risk management culture in the organization; to include risk training for staff.
- Develop, manage and refine qualitative and quantitative risk reporting which meets the needs of the senior management and the Board in order to support effective decision making.
- Collaborate with the Board and senior management team to mould a high-achieving, well-controlled organisation which can achieve growth targets safely and identify, and assess and control emerging risks
- Act as primary contact for the Board of Directors for all governance, business and project risk issues
- Develop and implement an annual Risk Plan with regular reporting to the Risk Committee and Board of Directors
- Provide regular update of the risk register, including risk and controls in order to support the business by identifying emerging trends and threats
- Assist the credit union in assessing its risk appetite and tolerance levels on an ongoing basis;
- Provide Risk Management Reports to the Board of Directors, CEO and the Risk Committee to include assessments / updates on related business and project matters
- Ensure risk exposure and incidents are effectively aggregated and reported, providing management with a comprehensive view of overall risk exposure. Maintain oversight of new business and IT projects to ensure that risks are being addressed
- Lead in the development of risk management standards, governance, policy and procedures across the credit union.
- Evaluate the existing data protection framework and identify areas of non or partial compliance and rectify any issues
- Ensure the company’s policy and procedures are accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and codes of practice
- Inform and advise the Data Controller or Data Processor on all matters related to data protection
- Promote a culture of data protection compliance across all units of the organization
- Maintaining comprehensive records of all data processing activities conducted by the credit union, including the purpose of all processing activities.
- Monitor the external environmental and wider credit union sector for changes that will present environmental risks to the credit union
- Mitigate the effects of risks/threats which may be unavoidable.
- Ensure effective communication takes place with the Compliance Officer
- The Risk Officer will deputise for the Compliance Officer as needed.
Key Requirements of the Job Holder
- Ability to interpret and disseminate the impact and requirements of new laws and regulations.
- The ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and the ability to interact effectively with different audiences is required.
- Maturity and gravitas to ensure that the risk management function is fully embedded into the credit union.
- Strong business sense and understanding of the evolving credit union business model.
- Organised, detailed, focused individual with good communication and presentation skills
- Expertise in European data protection laws and practices including an in-depth understanding of GDPR
- Strong project management skills, possess the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and have the ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines.
- Assure risk direction is aligned with business strategies
- Foster risk management as a core competency throughout the credit union and facilitate risk training within the credit union
- Highly computer literate, dedicated and flexible.
- Significant experience in credit unions, data protection and risk management.
- Educated to degree level in the field or similar/equivalent.
This position is a controlled function (CUPCF-3) within the Central Bank of Ireland’s fitness and probity regime.
Please submit your CV to :
firstname.lastname@example.org OR 086 360 5565
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 18th May 2021
First Tech CU is an equal opportunities employer
First Tech CU is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
Canvassing will disqualify.
Please contact me, Aidan Killian on email@example.com OR
086 360 5565 for a copy of the Recruitment Privacy Notice if required.