We are now inviting applications for the position of Member Services Officer (MSO) for our Member Services Centre (Ref MSO-MSC 2021)
Summary Objective of the Role:
Member First Credit Union (MFCU) is an innovative, progressive, modern financial services provider, with over 100,000 members. We have multiple branches in Artane (D5), Ayrfield (D13), Marino (D9), Northside Shopping Centre (D17), Raheny (D5) Trinity Branch (D13) and Swords and we boast total assets of €376 million. Our core value is to serve our members and the community, whilst striving to maintain the highest professional standards through innovation. We embrace technology to enable members to transact easily with the credit union.
MFCU is now recruiting a Member Services Officer for our Member Services Centre. This is a unique opportunity to play a central role in meeting our members’ needs over the telephone. Reporting to the MSC Branch Supervisor, you will be responsible for carrying out a range financial transactions and administrative tasks while at all times demonstrating consistent commitment to “The 3 Ps” of member service: Professional Service, Positive Experience and Personal Touch.
Demonstrate consistent commitment to and proficiency in “The 3 Ps” of MFCU member service in carrying out the following:
- Handling telephone, Chat Line, email, and online queries from current and prospective members
- Protecting all member data in line with GDPR guidelines and MFCU ISO policy
- Complying with all policies and procedures of the Credit Union, including Anti-Money Laundering and Fraudulent Transaction Reporting
- Assisting new online members with registration and educating members in how to use the MFCU online Digital services.
- Processing automatic member payments (debit cards; Realex; EFT’s; standing orders) and amending direct debits
- Informing members of our products and services and liaising with colleagues regarding member requirements
- Completing duties in other departments and branches as required by management.
- Completing administrative, scanning or project related duties assigned to the role.
- Representing the Credit Union at designated promotional events
The Successful Candidate Should have the Following Attributes:
- Excellent telephone communication skills – a warm professional manner, empathy, listening and questioning skills and the ability to explain situations clearly to members who need our assistance.
- A passion for helping members and for winning and retaining member loyalty.
- A positive, patient, and respectful approach to handling queries and resolving problems.
- Comprehensive product knowledge or evidence of the ability to quickly acquire knowledge.
- An organised, accurate approach with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task/prioritise tasks effectively.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work calmly and independently in a fast-paced team environment to achieve individual and team goals.
- Flexibility and willingness to move between tasks, departments, and branches.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience of working in a call centre environment – essential
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Strong competency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and email – essential
- Achievement of APA Loans standard or equivalent (or evidence of working towards this qualification)
- A minimum of one year’s experience of working in a credit union, bank, or financial services role and of using credit union or banking computer systems – highly desirable
Applicants should clearly state the position they are applying for by quoting the reference MSO-MSC 2021
Applications including CV, by email only, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 5th May 2021.
Shortlisting may apply and assessment will be made on the basis of the information provided in the application.
Member First Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer