CUDA are hosting a Half Day Loan Underwriting Level 4, Introduction to Small Business Lending on Wednesday 13th November at Clayton Hotel, Fonthill Road, Liffey Valley, Dublin, D22 X4W6. Registration will take place at 9.00am.
This half day Introduction to Small Business Lending will primarily target Credit Unions who are currently providing or intend to provide Small Business Loans to members. The training will be provided by Noel McArdle, Credit Knowledge Limited.
The material content for this training programme will include the following:
Loan Underwriting Level 4: Introduction to Small Business Lending
- Understanding specific issues that arise when lending to the self-employed members
- Understanding sole trader, partnership and limited company trading structures
- Understanding the different types of trading accounts that will come in from self-employed members
- Understanding how to deal with business plans and projections
- Practical sole trader case study practice techniques to:
- Understand the profit and loss account and what it tells the lender. Use four key profit ratios
- Understand the balance sheet and what it tells the lender and work the gearing ratio
- Change profit into cash and check the business has cash to meet is commitments
- Check ability to repay for loans to the business and/or to the member for personal purposes
- Understand the implications of taxation for the sole trader
- Review key underwriting checks
3 CPD Hours are accredited from LIA & IOB for this programme.
Tea/Coffee will be provided on arrival and lunch will also be provided.
We would greatly appreciate if you could let us know at your earliest convenience, who from your CU would like to attend to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We very much look forward to hearing from you.