Vacancy – Marketing Officer – Community Credit Union Ltd
By Dawn Kennedy
Community Credit Union Ltd. is now inviting applications for the following position
Marketing Officer (Ref MO18)
1-year Fixed Term Part-Time Position
Principal responsibilities of the Role:
Community Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland and was formed in 2010 through the merger of Clonsilla and Premier Credit Unions. This was the first merger in Ireland of two substantial Credit Unions. Following the merger and a subsequent merger with West Cabra Credit Union in late 2015, we now have 38,000 members and assets over €100m.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part-time, 1-year fixed term contract to assist with developing, executing and reporting on marketing activity across CCU channels. The Marketing Officer will be primarily responsible for supporting the Head of Business Development in the development, implementation and delivery of the marketing strategy in line with the strategic plan. The Marketing Officer will join a busy team within CCU and assist the Head of Business Development on campaigns relating to growing the loan book, growing the membership base and engaging with members within the community.
- Website Management – ensure the website is up-to-date and used to its full potential. This will involve being the key instigator for the website and primary liaison with content contributors across the organisation, as well as our third-party agency for web support and maintenance.
- Social Media – create, edit, publish and share compelling content, including paid posts, to drive engagement across all social media channels, as well as responding to customer care enquiries.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – ensure optimization of all content for search engines.
- Email marketing – implement successful email marketing campaigns by developing and distributing targeted content to our databases across the organisation using our email marketing tool.
- Data and analytics reporting – carry out continuous analysis of online marketing performance. Use the data to interpret insights and trends and make recommendations to inform data driven decisions.
- Content marketing – create relevant engaging text, image, graphic & video-based content in line with our brand.
- Campaign management – play a key role in a range of campaigns for CCU, including design, promotional materials, events, listings, liaising with printers, generating reports etc.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Third level qualification, in a marketing related discipline.
- Strong marketing knowledge including a minimum 2 years’ experience in a marketing role.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- An organised individual with exceptional attention to detail and ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Keen knowledge of storytelling through multiple media types – from video to magazine article; Instagram stories, Snapchat channels to Facebook Live; photo essay to gif tweets – both visual and written, with experience in brand and creative strategy, an excellent understanding of the interplay offline and online and between paid, earned and owned channels.
- Experience in social media and community-building online, including in-depth knowledge of social media platforms, market trends, best practices, content planning, development and publishing, social media metrics, analytics and benchmarks, including tracking and understanding attribution from social media, web technology, mobile campaigns and community.
- Experience building out sustained influencer programs that deliver results.
- Must conform with the Central Bank Reform Act 2010
Applications only clearly stating the position you are applying for by quoting the reference number MO18
Applications including CV and cover letter by email only addressed to: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on 20th April 2018
Short listing may apply and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application
Community Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer